The main scientific and technological objective of FABRIC is to conduct feasibility analysis of on-road charging technologies for long term
electric vehicle range extension. Key wireless charging technologies, trends and relevant R&D activities in the automotive sector will be considered, assessing the present and future opportunities for wireless charging, taking into account the needs of EV makers and end users.
In more detail, FABRIC will address the following objectives:
- Collection of end-user requirements and industry demands that determine the potential of success of such technologies in various application sectors
- Identification of technology drivers and challenges that impact the implementation of wireless charging technology and the widespread installation of wireless charging infrastructure
- Determination of product and technology development activities by technology developers, EV makers and other key stakeholders
- Proposal of partnerships and collaboration between key stakeholders for implementation of technology
- Survey of governmental policies, regulations and pu blic and private funding activities impacting the progress of wireless charging infrastructure
- Evaluation of technology penetration potential for wireless charging in public transportation in addit ion to the passenger car segment
- Bridging the technological gaps and proposal of a rational solution for both the grid and the road infrastructure.